Tips for racing 4:18:4
A lot of our participants ask what to wear and bring for the 4:18:4 races. So, we have put together what we see as the most important things to pack, when racing a 4:18:4 race.
Swim goggles – always good to bring some, makes it easier to navigate in the water.
- Swimsuit – a good swimsuit gives you the best time. Wetsuit is mandatory if water temperature is below 16 degrees.
- Swim cap – will be handed out in the registration to be used during the swim.
A bike with solid brakes – you can drive on a totally new racing bike or your grandmothers’ bike with a basket in front. The only requirement is that the brakes work.
- Helmet – safety is a top priority at our sport events. Therefore, to compete in 4:18:4 you’ll need to wear a helmet!
Racing outfit – you only have to bike for 18 km, so normal shorts and a t-shirt is all fine.
- Race bike – as said before 4:18:4 is for everyone, so you don’t have to invest in a road bike, even though it may be tempting.
Running shoes – you can’t run/walk in flippers.
- Clothes comfortable for running